Stranger Than Paradise Productions offers industry standard quality Digital Cinema Package known as DCP file creation for your short or Feature Film. We use the industry leading encoding tools that are compatible with most film festivals around the world.
Once we create your DCP file, it can be delivered to you via Cloud or hard drive and memory stick. We support 2K and 4K standard files with multi-track audio and embedded subtitles.
- 2K and 4K resolution, cinemascope and full frame
- Encrypted files upon request
- Mono, stereo and multi-track audio functions
- Compatible with most festivals and industry standard projectors
- Fully DCI Compliant
- Ideal for short or feature films
- Fast delivery
So, What is DCP?
A Digital Cinema Package (DCP) is a collection of digital files used to store and convey digital cinema (DC) audio, image, and data streams.
The term has been defined by Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC in their recommendations for packaging of DC contents. General practice adopts a file structure that is organized into a number of usually multi-gigabyte size Material eXchange Format (MXF) files, which are separately used to store audio and video streams and auxiliary index files in XML format.
Professional screening rooms and industry quality projectors often prefer to play DCP formats. That is why most film festivals in the world including Cannes Film Festival, require filmmakers to submit their screening format as Digital Cinema Package (DCP). Finally, most digital cinema projectors support the bit rate of up to 250 Mbit/s. But the bit rate of 200 Mbit/s is recommended.
Price List (VAT excluded):
2K DCP: £10/ minute plus hard drive
4K DCP: £14/ minute plus hard drive
Minimum charge: £100 plus VAT
For multi-track audio function and embedded subtitles, please contact us for quotes.
- SMPTE (JPEG 2000)
- Range of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, and 60 fps @ 2K
- 24, 25, and 30 fps @ 4K
- 24 and 48 fps @ 2K stereoscopic
- MXF Interop (JPEG 2000) – Deprecated
- Both 24 and 48 fps @ 2K (MXF Interop can be encoded at 25 frames/s but support is not guaranteed)
- 24 fps @ 4K
- 24 fps @ 2K stereoscopic
- MXF Interop (MPEG-2) – Deprecated.
- 23.976 and 24 fps @ 1920 × 1080
- Maximum frame sizes are 2048 × 1080 for 2K DC, and 4096 × 2160 for 4K DC. Common formats are:
- SMPTE (JPEG 2000)
- Flat (1998 × 1080 or 3996 × 2160), = 1.85:1 aspect ratio
- Scope (2048 × 858 or 4096 × 1716), ~2.39:1 aspect ratio
- HDTV (1920 × 1080 or 3840 × 2160), 16:9 aspect ratio (~1.78:1) (although not specifically defined in the DCI specification, this resolution is DCI compliant per section 18.104.22.168).
- Full (2048 × 1080 or 4096 × 2160) (~1.9:1 aspect ratio, the official name by DCI is Full Container. Not widely accepted in cinemas.)
- MXF Interop (MPEG-2) – Deprecated
- 12 bits per pixel precision (36 bits total)
- XYZ colorspace
- Maximum bit rate is 250 Mbit/s (1.3 MBytes per frame at 24 frames/s). However, we recommend 200 Mbit/s.
Finally, for more information, please email us on [email protected] with a short description of your video file, the frame rate, resolution and duration. Alternatively, you can call us on 02089 685159.